How can you maximize the benefits of your Baltic Amber jewelry?
As with most natural and homeopathic treatments, experiences can be different for everyone. Overwhelming anecdotal data supports using Baltic Amber for relief from pain from headaches, teething pain, neck and shoulder pain, wrist pain from carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, sciatica, and more.
Baltic Amber is most effective when worn as much as possible. The stones need to be in contact with the skin to warm and release their oils to receive maximum therapeutic benefits. For best results, wear your Baltic Amber jewelry as close to the source of the pain as possible - necklace for headaches, teething pain, etc., bracelet for wrist pain, etc. Some people will notice slight differences very quickly when wearing their jewelry for the first time! For many, pain symptoms often lessen within less than 24 hours of putting on their jewelry. For most, it is a cumulative effect - with the easing of symptoms most often noted within 2-3 weeks of consistent wear.
If you need to boost the pain relief from your Baltic amber jewelry, you can run the beads under luke warm water. The heat and moisture help to activate a quicker release of the amber's natural oils containing the pain reliever, succinic acid.
To lengthen the life of (and consequently, maximize the benefits) your Baltic Amber jewelry, it's important to properly care for your pieces:
- Do not use harsh chemicals or jewelry cleaners/solutions.
- Do not store your amber jewelry along with metal jewelry as it may cause the amber beads to chip, crack and break.
- Remove your jewelry and/or avoid using body care products in the areas you wear your amber jewelry that will coat the jewelry, such as: hairsprays, gels, lotions, etc. These types of personal care products can not only dull the look of your amber jewelry, but also they can affect the therapeutic effectiveness by coating the stones and inhibiting the release of the amber's natural oils.
- It is generally ok to shower or bathe with amber jewelry on. Just keep in mind you need to avoid the jewelry coming in contact with body care products which can coat and damage the beads.
- It is recommended that amber jewelry be removed before swimming in chlorinated pools and spas. It is a good idea to remove jewelry any time it will be wet for long periods as it can damage the thread and clasps to soak your jewelry for long periods of time.
If you find the effectiveness of your jewelry to be lessening, your piece may need to be cleaned to
remove buildup of hygiene products and dirt. To clean, simply rinse in cool water and pat dry with a soft cloth. If further cleaning is needed, you can brush between the beads and around the clasps with a soft jewelry brush or cloth. Once clean, dry with a soft cloth.
We want you to get the maximum benefit out of your Funky Birdie Amber jewelry! If you have any questions, please check out our FAQ page, contact us via Etsy, or e-mail us at email@example.com